A God Sized Dream
I have to admit, I’ve been hesitant to start this blog.
I really only consider myself what I call “second-hand creative”. What I mean is I feel like I can look at someone else’s ideas and improve and edit them, but I’m not so great at coming up with my own ideas from scratch. Additionally, I’m a pretty private person by nature, so the thought of sharing the details of my life with anyone other than my husband freaks me out.
Recently, however I have been shaken and surprised at how God has used chaos in my life to teach me and grow my heart and I’m restless with an increasing desire for more. I’ve concluded that I may not be the only one feeling this way. My plans have been shredded right before my eyes and I’ve had to deal with things I was previously terrified of. It started with our dog, Tux (our first “baby”) and is continuing with our new baby boy.
From our dog’s destruction of nearly everything to heartbreaking diagnoses for our son, God has been showing us that even when everything is going wrong, he is making it right. When I feel completely out of control, he is still completely in control. When we are at our weakest, he shows his strength in our lives. His paradoxes are flipping our world upside down-or maybe it’s all finally right-side up. The hospital feels like a second home and lack of progress is our normal, and yet words like fostering and adoption have come into our vocabulary. Our hope for the future has changed so much that I don’t recognize it, but the hope is still there.
Life with a “Marley and Me” type dog and a special needs baby is not what we planned and prepared for, but it is our life. This is our journey. And even though it often feels isolating and lonely, we know we’re not alone. So many of you are going through these same types of things and I hope to encourage you with our stories and remind you that you aren’t alone either.
“We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.” (Proverbs 16:1, NLT).
- This is a personal blog. Any views or opinions represented in this blog are personal and belong solely to the blog owner and do not represent those of people, institutions or organizations that the owner may or may not be associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly stated.
- In addition, my thoughts and opinions may change from time to time. This seems to be an unavoidable consequence of having a working, thinking brain.
- Feel free to question me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m flat out wrong in the comments section of each blog entry, but, regardless, I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so remember that we’re all people with emotions here and keep it polite, please.
- Any downloadable file, including but not limited to pdfs, docs, jpegs, pngs, is provided at the user’s own risk. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages resulting from a corrupted or damaged file.
- All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.
- The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
- This blog disclaimer is subject to edits and changes at anytime without warning or notification.